Monday, June 1, 2020
Home Sport News Football Arsenal vs Man. City match postponed, players quarantined

Arsenal vs Man. City match postponed, players quarantined

- Advertisement -

The much-awaited Arsenal vs Manchester City match has been postponed due to coronavirus fears.

A statement from Arsenal reveals that Olympiakos owner was confirmed to have contracted the virus shortly after their Europa League tie.

As a precaution by medical doctors, players who come into contact with the owner have been kept under observation for the next 14 days.

- Advertisement -

Even though their chances of contracting the virus are low, the Gunners are following government guidelines to ensure safety.

It is due to the above that players will be unavailable for the Wednesday night EPL fixture.

The news comes hours after several Europa League matches were set to be played behind closed doors.

The first match to be affected was that of Manchester United which will see no fan allowed into the stadium.

This follows several precautionary measures deployed by the government to curb the spread of the virus.

Also affected is the return Champions League clash between Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

Alex Kiprop
News Moto sports correspondent. Catch up the latest results when they happen and as they happen, locally and international


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Edwin Sifuna distances ODM from Ford-Kenya wrangles

ODM Secretary General Edwin Sifuna has distanced ODM party from the ongoing wrangles at Ford-Kenya. The statement issued by...

Betty Kyallo quits K24 after a 2-year stay

Mother, business lady and TV personality Betty Kyallo has called it quits at K24 after two years at the media house.

14 discharged as Kenya records 74 more coronavirus cases

Kenya has recorded a total of 74 new coronavirus from 1,574 samples tested in the last 24 hours bringing the total number...

Safaricom’s TRM shop shut, one staff tests positive

Telecom giants Safaricom have temporarily closed down their Thika Road Mall shop after one of their staff tested positive for coronavirus.