Barcelona cut ties with Ousmane Dembele

Spanish Giants Barcelona has with immediate effect cut ties with winger Ousmane Dembele.

The news was confirmed by the club’s director Alemany who said that the it is clear that the Frenchman is not willing to extend his stay at the club.

- Advertisement -

“It’s clear that Dembélé does NOT want to continue with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to be part of our project”.

“We told Dembélé he has to leave immediately. We expect Ousmane to be sold before Jan 31”. Said Barcelona director Alemany.

The news comes barely days after the 24-year-old declined signing a new contract unless it was an improved offer from what he previously had.

According to his agent Moussa Sissoko, Dembele is requesting an improved offer of  £700,000 a week, a statement that shocked Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez.

Xavi has been looking forward to the 24-year-old signing the new contract but at the same time shocked by Sissoko’s statement which is contrary to that of the former Dortmund player.

“The message is clear. Ousmane Dembélé has to sign a new contract or we find a way to sell him in January. No other way”.

“I also wonder about agent is talking the way he is and Dembélé, on the other hand, telling me he wants to stay. I can’t understand”. Said Xavi

Several top European clubs are interested with his signature including Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham.

- Advertisement -
Alex Kiprop
Alex Kiprop
News Moto sports correspondent. Catch up the latest results when they happen and as they happen, locally and international

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

2,572FansLike
117FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -