Nairobi CEC in charge of Finance and Economic planning Mr. Charles Kerich has been suspended by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko over Precious Talent school tragedy.
Government Mike Sonko who canceled his US trip to attend to the issue suspended the Nairobi CEC and fifteen others over the incident.
Following the Precious Talent school tragedy, Hon. Sonko promised to work with the ministry of education to ma ensure that such incidents never recur.
He then promised to look into the matter and prosecute anyone who will be found culpable of the matter.
Keeping true to his word, Sonko suspended the Charles Kerich and fifteen others who include;
- Justus Kathenge-CEO Urban planning
- Jasper Ndeke – Planning Compliance director
- Dominic Mutegi- Director of Development Management
- Ochanda Ondari Fredrick- Enforcement Assistant Director
- Ruth Waruguru – Urban Planning Director
- Thomas Dudi – Planning Assistant Director
- Simon Onyango – Development Officer
- Alex Mucheru – Development Control
- Mackline Saitera – Development Control
- Edna Guantai
- Joyce Kyengo – Sub-County Administrator Dagoretti South
- Lucy Wairimu Munyika – Sub-County Commander Dagoretti South
- Sylivia Mwikali Nthinga – Sub-County Planning Officer Dagoretti South
- Okal Kennedy – Administrator Ngando Ward
- Mohammed Dagane – CEC in charge of Health
The Monday morning incident saw eight pupils die as over 20 others admitted for treatment.
Various leaders arrived at the scene to console the parents who were in shock.
The government committed to pay the bills as Education CS George Magoha shut down learning at the institution indefinitely.
ODM leader Raila Odinga vowed to get to the bottom of the issue.