Home News & Updates Esther Arunga's mother-in-law angered by her statement

Esther Arunga’s mother-in-law angered by her statement

- Advertisement -

Rosemeg Wambita has on Monday attacked former KTN news anchor Esther Arunga following her recent testimony.

Wambita who was speaking to Daily Nation said Esther Arunga’s recent testimony was a lie.

She proceeded to refute claims that her son was a murderer saying that if that was the case, she would have refused to settle down with him from the word go.

- Advertisement -

Quincy Timberlake’s mother continued by saying that her son was a God-fearing man and that Arunga’s testimony was a lie.

Giving an example, Ms. Wambita recounted a statement from the hearing where their son is not quoted to have died at the hands of his father.

In the meantime, Ms. Wambita is calling for well-wishers to help her travel to Australia to see his son. The two last saw each other in 2009.

Esther Arunga’s latest statement

Initially, the former KTN news anchor said that their 3-year old son Sinclair Timberlake died after rolling down the stairs in their house in Kallangur, Australia in June 2014.

Also read: Wife to slain Solomon Mwangi placed at the murder scene

The prosecution team led by Danny Boyle revealed the boy had died as a result of force blunt trauma to his abdomen.

In a twist of the statement, 38-year-old Esther Arunga admitted to having misled the police in order to help her husband escape the punishment.

Esther Arunga's mother-in-law angered by her statement
Former KTN news anchor Esther Arunga

According to Danny Boyle, Esther Arunga had called Australian emergency triple zero just before 2 am on June 18th.

When paramedics arrived, she told them that he had rolled down the stairs.

Also read: Protest in Russia as sisters who killed abusive father face jail term

Boyle continued by saying that autopsy results revealed that their son Sinclair died as a result of severe blunt force such as punching or stamping or similar and that the injuries were inconsistent with a fall.

Esther Arunga was blamed for protecting her husband for 26-years.

Esther Arunga admits to murder

She told the police that on June 17th she went to the bathroom only to find Quincy hitting the boy in the stomach.

He then threw him against the wall as he said there was a devil in his stomach he had to get it out.

Also read: Naftali Kinuthia, Ivy Wangechi murder suspect detained for 14 days

The court was informed that Esther Arunga could not speak up earlier due to fear.

“I was terrified of being alone and I felt terrible because my husband was sick as well,” she told the police.

Mr. Boyle said even though her testimony did not interfere with the evidence, it however delayed investigations.

“She was the only eye witness to what could be described as the brutal killing of her son,” he said.

Esther will be sentenced on Thursday.

News Moto
News generated from various authors under the umbrella of News Moto.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Kenyan plane crashes at Dhobley airstrip in Somalia

A Kenyan plane crash landed in Dhobley airstrip in Somalia on Monday as it attempted to take off to Nairobi.

Senate adjourns motion on proposed revenue sharing

The Senate of Kenya has for the 7th time adjourned the motion on the proposed revenue sharing formula.Approving...

Kenya coronavirus cases rise by 605, deaths by 6

Kenya has on Tuesday confirmed 605 new coronavirus rising the confirmed number of cases to 23,202.The new cases...

Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa charged at Kajiado Law Courts

Kimilili Member of Parliament (MP) charged at Kajiado Law Courts for obtaining Ksh 450,000 from one John Irungu.According...