DPP Noordin has approved the prosecution of Tharaka Nithi Governor Onesmus Muthomi Njuki implicated in the fraudulent payment of Ksh 34 million.
According to the DPP, Governor Onesmus Muthomi is said to have paid Ksh 34,998,500 to one company by the name Westomaxx Investment Limited.
An investigation was already underway by EACC to confirm allegation of corruption and procurement irregularities against the Governor in regard to the supply, installation and commissioning of solid waste totaling to Ksh 34 million.
- DPP approves prosecution of Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa
- DPP approves arrest of former KPA MD Daniel Manduku
- DPP Hajji set to impose harsh bail terms against Sonko
Seven companies were found to be closely related to the Governor and they include;
- Joeleave Merchant Limited
- Gentech Supplies &Services Ltd
- Westomaxx Investment Ltd
- Kenric Investment Limited
- Grey Spiral
- Boiler Techniques Engineering Ltd
- Plenser Ltd
County officials at the procurement department and those from the finance department are reported to have disregarded procurement laws.
An audit trail revealed individuals and companies that benefited from the fraud and they include;
- Japhet Gitonga Nyange – Ksh 8.7 million
- Kenneth Mucuiya Ngai – Ksh 5.2 million
- Kenstar Electrical and Hardware Limited – Ksh 4.7 million
- Caroline Sheila Wambui – Ksh 0.985 million.
Other than the Governor 16 individuals are set to be arrested after the DPP was satisfied with the evidence and they include;
- Fridah Muthoni Murungi
- Floridah Kiende Nywigah
- Highton Muriithi Njue
- Teresia Kagoji Mburia
- Arch. Lee Mwenda Munene
- Japhet Mutugi Nkonge
- Emily Nkatha Micheni
- Mike Mwiandi Muriithi
- Elosy Kariithi Matti
- Kenneth Muguiya Ngai
- Caroline Sheila Wambui
- Allan Muriithi Gitonga
- George Miano