A suspected food poisoning has taken away the life of four people during a Nyeri dowry ceremony.
The Thursday event has also left several others hospitalized following the ceremony in Kieni, Nyeri.
Among the four confirmed death is the mother of the groom and three other relatives who attended the dowry.
Residents of the villages who attended are said to have received medical treatment following complains of stomach problems and diarrhea.
The cooks at the event are said to have come from Nairobi and were hired by the groom himself.