Orange Democratic Party has paved was for interested rPresidential candidates to deposit Ksh 1M through the party’s account.
Through a circular, the party through the National Election Board (NEB) chaired by Ms. Catherine Muyeka Mumma gave notice to all party members interested to vie for 2022 presidential elections to submit their applications with them.
- Babu Owino seeks IEBC chair seat citing BBI delays
- Talai elders crown Gideon Moi as Kalenjin elder
- Kalonzo Musyoka visits DCI offices over Yatta land ownership
- Uhuru and Raila’s BBI signatures missing from IEBC list
Some of the qualifications issued by the party include;
- Be a Kenya citizen by birth
- Be a registered voter
- Be a life member of the party
- Be a holder of a degree from a University recognized in Kenya
- Be of high moral standing and integrity
- Have demonstrable commitment and participation to the party’s activities and agenda
- Meet the minimum requirement for Presidential Candidate as set out by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission.
- Be qualified to stand for election as a Member of Parliament.
If the applicants meets the above qualifications, he or she is expected to avail to the National Election Board;
- Duly completed Nomination form in duplicate
- Duly executed Code of Conduct
- Copy of the national identity card or passport
- A copy of Orange Democratic Movement Life Membership certificate
- Certified copies of educational qualification certificate including the Degree Certificate obtained from the University attended in accordance to Section 22 of the Election Act 2011.
- Sworn statements affirming ghe authenticity of any information submitted in your application
- Evidence of payment of the non-refundable application fee of Ksh 1,000,000 paid to the Orange Democratic Movement account by bankers cheque or cash deposit
All applications made by the candidates should be submitted to the National Election board by 26th February 12:00 noon.