Sunday, October 24, 2021

Two killed in Busia and Nairobi due to memory cards


Two kins from two different families in Busia and Nairobi have been killed as they demanded for their memory cards.

In one incident, 21-year-old Owino was hacked to death by George Oduori and buried in a shallow grave in Busia when he went to demand his memory card.

- Advertisement -

The news was confirmed by the suspect’s wife who reported to the police after she was threatened by her husband a week after the incident.

“Two families are grieving the loss of their loved ones, after their kin were killed in separate incidents because of demanding for their memory cards. In one of the shocking incidents that occurred last week in Busia county, a 21-year-old man only identified as Owino was hacked to death by one George Oduori, using a machete, when he went to demand his memory card back.

So incensed was Oduori that he killed Owino on the spot and buried his remains at a shallow grave in his farm, under the cover of darkness. Unbeknownst to the deceased, Oduori had become so obsessed with the contents in the memory card, that he could not contemplate parting with it, opting to kill its owner instead.

When Owino walked to Oduori’s compound at 9pm on the fateful night and made his demand for the tiny storage device, a furious Oduori struck him leaving him dead in a pool of blood.

It was until last evening that Oduori’s wife reported the October 2 incident to the police, allegedly after a week of daring threats from the husband. Police have since arrested the suspect and cordoned the said grave, awaiting orders for exhumation and subsequent autopsy of the body.” Said DCI

In the second incident, a form three student was stabbed three times in Nairobi’s Huruma area when demanded his storage device back.

“Elsewhere in Nairobi’s Huruma area, a family is mourning the monstrous murder of their school-going son, who was stabbed to death by a friend when he (deceased) demanded for his memory card last night.

The Form three student at Huruma’s Brainiac Secondary School succumbed to two stabs on the head and a third one at his chest, when his assailant who was unwilling to give back the storage device brandished a knife and attacked him.

Members of the public who found the 19-year-old writhing in agonizing pain wholly soaked in blood rushed him to a local hospital, where he gave up his spirit while being treated. Manhunt for the assailant who fled immediately after the heinous act is ongoing. ” Said DCI

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles