Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Gov’t identifies 40 more mass graves at Shakahola

The government has identified 40 more mass graves at Shakahola as the number of bodies recovered now stand at 339.

Confirming the news was Interior CS Kithure Kindiki who said that the government will not relent in its crackdown against rogue preachers in the country.

“Phase four of the exhumation of bodies at Shakahola kicked off today. There are 40 more mass graves that could contain multiple bodies. So far, 339 lives have been lost in the Shakahola tragedy.

The Government will not relent in the crackdown on rogue preachers misusing the scriptures to mislead their followers,” said CS Kindiki

Kindiki was speaking in Meru County as he warned those planning to cause chaos and mayhem on Wednesday during the protest called by the opposition.

He continued by revealing that so far six people have lost their lives during the Friday’s demonstration with many others sustaining injuries. Those injure include police officers.

“Last Friday, during the mass protests, six people were killed and others injured, including security officers. Freedom of association and the right to demonstrate/picket do not include the right to cause mayhem and loot property.

On Wednesday, anyone threatening to make the country ungovernable through mayhem, looting, chaos, and bloodshed will be dealt with firmly and decisively, in accordance with the law,” said Kindiki

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

2,800FansLike
1,638FollowersFollow
198FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles