President William Ruto is set to kick-off a five day working tour of Coast region where he will visit Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale & Tana River Counties.
During his visit, the Head of State will inspect government project and commission others that will benefit ordinary Kenyans.
Top of the list is the Blue Economy and Fisheries sectors in Ukunda, Mombasa and Kilifi counties where a fish landing site will be commissioned.
- Samia Suluhu came to mediate but was kept waiting for 2 days, Raila
- Former Mungiki leader Maina Njenga released on Ksh 100K cash bail
“Highlights of President William Ruto’s Coast region development tour:
1. President William Ruto to begin a five-day working tour of the Coast region on July 27th, 2023 covering Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale & Tana River Counties.
2. Focus on inaugurating, commissioning, and inspecting government projects that benefit ordinary Kenyans, aligning with the bottom-up economic agenda.
3. Emphasis on projects in the Blue Economy and Fisheries sector in Mukowe, Ngao, Ukunda, & Mombasa with grants worth over Kshs. 552 million to be issued to common interest groups.
4. Commissioning of a fish landing site in Kilifi County to boost the Blue Economy and Fisheries Value Chain.
5. Issuance of identification documents to the Pemba community and title deeds in Kilifi County.
6. Rededication ceremony of KNS Shupavu, the first warship refitted locally, affirming Kenya Shipyards Limited’s vision in the shipbuilding industry in Mombasa.
7. Launch of a local vehicle assembly line.
8. Meeting with port users and other port stakeholders.
9. Commissioning the rehabilitated Sailoni headworks and rubber dam, and inspecting the ongoing rehabilitation of water delivery systems and farm restoration works at the Tana Delta Irrigation project (TDIP).
10. TDIP project aims to open up 12,000 hectares of land for rice irrigation and reduce rice imports by 35%.
11. Meetings with local leaders and residents of the region.” said Government spokesperson Hussein Mohamed.