President William Ruto has on Monday ordered a probe into the 2023 KCSE results slated to be released this morning by the Education CS.
This is after the Head of State was informed that 3,000 students who had registered for the national examinations did not sit for them.
Even though the probe has been called for, it not clear the duration the investigation bodies have been issued to complete it.
- Gov’t to recruit additional 20,000 teachers, says Ruto
- DCI appeals to victims of John Matara to record statement
Also called for investigation by the Head of State was the arrest of students and teachers involved in exam cheating.
Speaking after the release of the examination results was Education CS Dr. Ezekiel Machogu who noted that students in National schools were not spared either as 20 students attained a D+.
KNEC CEO David Njengere hailed the mapping of examination centres to ensure that the second papers came in smoothly after the completion of the first papers to ensure no one was exposed to the papers.
“The double collection policy was made possible through mapping of all centres and aligning them to collection points close to them for convenience. The policy helped eliminate early exposure of second session papers; a practice that had been a menace since 2016,”he said